Sunday, March 9, 2008

Alive Again!!!

Yes... I am alive! Can I just say the last 5 days of my life have been MISERABLE!!! It started last Tuesday night.. I went to a home study and as I was leaving I realized my throat was sore. I thought maybe I was allergic to their long haired cat... Not so! I ended up sick the next day. So sick, in fact, that I thought I was going to die and I started planning my funeral. Sad to say, but, yes, I felt THAT sick! The T.V. was on all day and I could barely keep my eyes open to watch the girls. I was literally counting the minutes until Yeadon would be home because I was sure I was not going to make it. I thought I was getting better by Thursday, but on Friday I went to the Urgent Care because I was so sick, AGAIN! Yes, I went to Urgent Care because my physician was not available and all the other 7 doctors in the same group were out of the office as well. Can I say I was a bit peaved?!?! Anyway, the Urgent Care Dr. prescribed an antibiotic and cough medicine. He couldn't narrow down all the things I could have, so he figured he would just cover all the bases and give me medication that may or may not work. Let's just say that yesterday I wanted to curse all medical professionals and their lack of... well, whatever they lack I wanted to curse! Not only did I hurt all over, but I had one of the worst migraines of my life and I wanted to die (AGAIN!) And it didn't help that Yead had a final this weekend that he had to study for and I felt awful for having to depend on his help because I could barely breathe let alone take care of the girls. Suffice it to say, I woke up this morning SO MUCH BETTER! Praise God! I have not been that sick for years and having kids on top of it makes it even worse. So, although I've been living on death's doorstep for the past few days, I do have these cutie patootie pictures to share with you. Hope this finds you happy and germ free!

I was unable to attend my MOPS (Mother's of Preschoolers) group this week because I was sick. However, my friend, Petrina, was able to go and she brought me all sorts of goodies, one of which was this crown. There are actually two crowns, but I took this picture of Kaelin when Kayden Grace was taking her nap so I couldn't capture both girls with their crowns. (Can you believe she's almost 9 months old?!?)


I decided to buy some of the mega big blocks for Kayden Grace to see if she would play with something on her own. She always wants me to play with her, which is fine, but once I stop playing with her she stops playing. So I wanted something that would encourage her to play on her own. She loves these blocks! I've gotten to the point where I have to limit the amount of time she plays with them or else they lay scattered all over the living room while she's playing with something else. In spite of the mess they make, I'm so glad we have found something she can do on her own and which she truly enjoys doing on her own.

No comments: