Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Done and Done!







I have been working like a mad woman to finish up projects. I've come to the conclusion... it's so much more fun to start something than it is to do the tedious little things to finish something... I know, that's not something new to you, but I just never thought of myself as a "non-completer" of projects. But alas, I am! So, I've tried to finish things so I can move on to another project without having the feeling that something is hanging over my shoulder, waiting to be completed. So, in light of these new thoughts, I finished my house quilt and I made a baby quilt for my friend Jamie who is due any day now (or quite possibly has already had the baby!!). I love how both of them turned out. The stripey back on the house quilt is actually a thrifted duvet cover that I found at a hole in the wall thrift store. It's a Tommy Hillfiger or Ralph Lauren product... can't remember which, but MAN it sure was difficult to hand sew the binding on because of the high thread content. My fingers were bruised by the end of it! But, I LOVE IT! And Jamie didn't know that I was making the quilt for her... when I gave it to her, she LOVED it. That made my day... You know.. when you make something for someone you just never know how it will be appreciated and when it IS appreciated, all the work and love that went into making it is even more fabulous.

I'm now working on Kayden's birthday present, her birthday dress, and her birthday hat. I don't know where she got the idea about a birthday hat, but that's all she talks about. "Burfday ha, Mama, burfday ha!" Can't wait to show you the picutures of all this fun stuff!! Hopefully soon...

1 comment:

hope said...

i need to be a cool woman like you... :) good job on finishing the projects, gorgeous!